Wednesday, August 19, 2009

THE CHINESE PRANKCALLER

I am surprised I havent blogged about it. This has been one of the most amusing happenings in my life to this date.

A conversation between my dad and some cheena person

someone: 您好,这是伟镇的父亲吗?
dad: Yes, what is it that you want? Do you speak English?
someone: 您可以讲华语吗?
dad (suspecting that she is a chinese prankcaller): No cannot. What is this about?
someone: 啊。我可以跟他的母亲讲话吗?
dad: She's busy

dad hangs up.


It turns out that the chinese prankcaller was actually my chinese teacher niuyi.


Backstory: I hate chinese (You should know that). I dont hand in chinese homework (duh) Niu Yi my chinese teacher hates me (you should know that too)

So inevitably, niu yi was going to call my dad...although I never expected it to turn out so amusingly xD


PART TWO

And, instead of scolding me, my dad started telling me about his junior college days

About how chinese was not compulsory
About how chinese was a joke and no one took it seriously
About how he told his chinese teacher that he was migrating to America and proceeded to pon all the remaining chinese classes during that year

(Well at least until she spotted him in the canteen and asked him what he was still doing in Singapore)

And he ended off saying that he couldnt scold me cos he would be a hypocrite if he did so HAHA.

It was more fun than acutually saddening and bitchy HAHA. I love my dad for how he understands me xD


PART 3

It seems my mum and dad were more pissed about my failing PHILO grade than my 54 mark chinese grade.

Oh well.

I dont care about both xD

Fishballs; 6:23 PM