Saturday, September 27, 2008

Spore is a game that cost approximately 50 bucks. It is not, as a previously believed, about Singapore or anything to do with the history of it.

In fact, it is more closely related to the word "spore", as in how ferns and fungi reporduce.

Spore is a game that follows the evolution of a single cell organism that you create as it grows from a single celled organism to an organism that lives in the "space age".

There are many original ideas in spore which make the game SO CUTE AND SO ADDICTIVE THAT YOU JUST WANT TO DOWNLOAD IT AND PLAY IT. But somethings are just....so....insulting. Especially if some certain people name the organism they have created using my name D<

Firstly, there is the mating which is in the game. Contrary to popular belief, I do not mate with another member of the species "Aaron" nor do I reproduce by binary fission etc etc.

Secondly, the "Aaron" in the game looks like a chicken. Seriously, I am starting to go through an identity crisis. Am I a human (which i thought i was), an amoeba (like russell thinks i think, or anything that goes through binary fission), a sheep (like mish suggested and which most people agree with), or a chicken?! (in the game)

Perhaps im an amoeba with a chicken beak and wooly hair and the intelligence of a human, but i highly doubt it.

Thirdly, it is the way the creature "evolves". It seems that after reaching a certain point, your creature will evolve into a species with a bigger brain.
The insulting thing, is that it starts out with a brain the size of the pea. And when it increases, (oh wow), it becomes the size of a marble. That is so insulting. Purlease.....my brain is so obviously bigger than that xD

But other than that I must say that the game is highly enjoyable and vry well developed. Almost everything can be changed interms of shape, colour, design of the creature that you have designed. The graphics are really good as well and I really have enjoyed the game until now. And they seriously think of almost everything. For example, when you have no eyes, you still can see but the whole world becomes dark and it sort of seems that you are sort of like a bat.

And omg....during that time the "Aaron"s really looked like bats/vampiric. Omg. Identity crisis.

And I REALLY liked the amount of versatility of the game. You can choose to be a herbivore, carnivore or omnivore, and you can choose a bloodthirsty life as a carnivore, or a social life or etc. Really, the amount of effort put into creating this game is amazing. It's fun every stage of the way, or at least until this point. =D

Ive seen both sides, and I must admit that being blood thirsty somehow is far more fun then being peaceloving.

Oh another thing i like about the game. THEY ARE SOOOOO CUTE <3<3<3
Omg I really like the way they allow you to design each and every part of the creature's anatomy. And they really are SOOO adorable =D

I shall probably kope it from chev and play it soon! Hopefully it doesnt distract me too much from mugging lol.

Fishballs; 6:58 PM